This post is in response to fellow blogger Sybaritica’s Notable Nosh: Grilled Salmon Collar.
When I saw his post, I said, there aren’t lots of meat there. But he said “There’s actually quite a bit of meat in the head (a large one anyway”. I can understand this now, because my sister just cooked a dish of fried salmon head and collar, which is very delicious and the meat is very tender with quite a bit of meat!
This is how my sister cooked this dish:
- Buy 4 big salmon fish heads from the supermarket which sells fresh fish.
- Wash them. Clean and dry.
- Add a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick wok in high heat.
- Add ginger (1 teaspoon of crushed ginger) and let it fry for a few seconds.
- Turn down the heat to low.
- Add the fish heads, and fry them front and back, very slowly. Be patient.
- Add green onion when it is nearly done.
Ready to eat! Yum!