Thanks to my friend May, who gave me her friend’s recipe for a sesame-ginger dressing who mixed it with baby bok choy with shiitake mushrooms.
Here’s a recipe that I found on line. The dish looks very delicious! By the way, May’s recipe includes 1 tablespoon oyster sauce. Try it out with and without oyster sauce, and see which one you like more.
1 tablespoon oil
4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (stemmed and sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 vegetable broth (or chicken stock)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional, to taste)
3 large baby bok choy (the thick end of the stem removed, rinsed and steamed)
2 green onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the broth and deglaze the pan.
5. Add the soy sauce and chili sauce and simmer to reduce the sauce to the thickness that you desire.
6. Add the sesame oil and remove from heat.
7. Pour the mushroom sauce over the bok choy and garnish with the green onions.