My friend and I tried out this special at the Nordstrom Cafe one time. She loved it so much that the server just gave her the recipe when she asked him many questions. Let me see if I have got this right.
pulled garlic chicken 3 oz
hearts of palm 1 oz
zucchini 2 oz
tuscan marinated, cherry tomatoes 1 oz
herbed feta 2 oz
champagne vinaigrette 1.5 oz
olive oil 0 .5 oz
1. In a saute pan heat the olive oil slightly. Add the couscous, zucchini and saute until lightly brown.
2. Add the chicken, champagne vinaigrette, hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes and half the herbed feta. Saute until warm.
3, Place in the couscous salad in the center of the bowl, with as much height as possible. Garnish with remaining feta and serve.
Warm Roasted Chicken & Couscous; roasted garlic chicken with couscous, zucchini, hearts of palm, tuscan marinated cherry tomatoes & herb feta cheese, sauteed in a champagne vinaigrette
I found another chicken and couscous recipe on line which are quite similar to this dish that we tried. I hope my friend will make good use of them.
Roasted chicken and couscous salad
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil $
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Combine couscous, chicken, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set aside
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss gently.
- Serve with: Greek Pita Chips